This glossary contains many of the terms you will find in the Bureau of Agricultural Statistics websites. You can view the different definitions by domain using the drop down menu. Or, you can search for a specific term in the Glossary by typing the term in the text box and then click the Search button.
- Palay (paddy rice) production
- - quantity of palay produced and actually harvested during the reference period from both ecosystems (irrigated and rainfed); includes those harvested but damaged, stolen, given away, consumed, given as harvesterís share, reserved, etc.; excludes those produced but not harvested due to low price, lack of demand and force majeure or fortuitous events, etc.
- Permanent/Perennial Crops
- - crops which occupy the land for a long period of time and do not need to be replaced after each harvest such as fruit trees, shrubs, nuts, etc. These crops may be productive or fruit-bearing crops. Examples are: avocado, coffee, coconut and other fruit trees.
- Planting density
- - is the ratio of the number of plants/ hills/ trees per unit of area.
- Priority Crops
- - the identified national banner crops and various regional priority crops of the Key Commercial Crops Development Program (KCCDP), High Value Commercial Crops (HVCC) Program and now the Key Commodity Road Maps of the Department of Agriculture, which are being developed because of their industrial and commercial potentials. Examples are: cashew, durian, highland vegetables, papaya, lanzones, ginger, etc.
- - the quantity produced and actually harvested for a particular crop during the reference period. It includes those harvested but damaged, stolen, given away, consumed, given as harvesterís share, reserved etc. Excluded are those produced but not harvested due to low price, lack of demand and force majeure or fortuitous events, etc.