BAS Media Service: Price Situationer
Stable Prices of Basic Commodities in Metro Manila
Period Covered: May 16 - 24, 2012
Price of most basic and prime commodities remained stable during the week in review. Supply situation was also stable. At the meat products and chicken counters, prevailing retail prices leveled at previous week's quotations of P260 per kilogram for beef rump (tapadera), P190 per kilogram for pork belly (liempo) and P130 per kilogram for dressed chicken.
The continuous deliveries of rice, sugar and cooking oil in Metro markets allowed prices to remain stable.
Groupers (lapu-lapu) among the indicator fish species marked a P30 per kilogram reduction from the P280 prevailing price last week. All other marine and cultured fish species monitored were sold at previous week's asking prices.
Vegetables, however, showed contrasting price trends during the week.
A P10 increment was recorded for eggplant, tomato and ginger. Okra and pechay Baguio (wongbok were offered at P5 per kilogram higher relative to last week's quotations of P30 and P35, respectively.
Other indicator vegetable products carried last week's price levels. The only exception was habitchuelas. It posted a 12.0 percent price discount at bulk trade.
At retail, a price of habitchuelas dropped to P50 per kilogram from P60 per kilogram last week.
Fruit stalls remained well supplied with locally grown and imported fruits.
The 18- kilogram "kaing" of mango cleared Mega Q-Mart wholesale counters at P650 to P680 this week. Pangasinan and Zambales were the major suppliers of this fruit. Retailing of medium-sized mangoes prevailed at P60 per kilogram this week. Banana remained available at affordable prices to Metro consumers.
Links to Previous Reports:
- Prices of Tomato Up (June 5-13, 2013 )
- Metro Markets Exhibited Stable Prices for Basic Food Items (May 29 – June 6, 2013 )
- Higher Prices of Vegetables Noted in Metro Manila Markets (May 22-30, 2013 )
- Metro Markets Sufficiently Supplied with Agricultural Food Items (May 15 - 23, 2013 )
- Prices of Vegetables at Wholesale Up (May 8-16, 2013 )
- Dressed Chicken Prices Up (May 01 - 09, 2013 )
- High Supply of Agricultural Food Products in the Metro Wet Markets (April 25 - May 02, 2013 )
- Stable Retail Prices in Metro Wet Markets ( April 17-25, 2013 )
- Increasing Volume of Vegetables at Wholesale Outlets (April 10-18, 2013 )
- Ample Supply of Agricultural Food Products in the Metropolis (April 03 - 11, 2013 )
- Adequate Fish and Vegetable Supply in Metro Wet Markets (March 26 – April 04, 2013 )
- Prices Generally Stable in the Metropolis ( March 19-27, 2013 )
- Stable Prices in Metro Manila Wet Markets (March 13 - 21, 2013 )
- Agricultural Food Products Abundant in Metro Markets (March 06-14, 2013 )
- Sugar Prices Going Down at Wholesale (February 27 – March 7, 2013)
- Varied Price Movements in Metro Wet Markets (February 20 - 28, 2013 )
- Metro Markets Well Supplied with Food Items (February 13 - 21, 2013 )
- Vegetable Prices Continue to Decline (February 06 - 14, 2013 )
- Lower Prices of Vegetables in the Metropolis (January 30 - February 07, 2013)
- Vegetables Abundant in Metro Manila Markets (January 23- February 01, 2013)
- Stable Prices of Agricultural Food Products in the Metropolis (January 10 - 24, 2013)
- Prices Stable in the Metropolis (January 09 - 17, 2013 )
- Abundant Supply of Agricultural Products in Metro Markets (January 02 - 10, 2013 )
- Retail Trade Slowed Down (December 26, 2012 - January 03, 2013 )
- Adequate Supply of Agricultural Food Products in Metro Manila (December 19 - 27, 2012)
- Stable Prices of Food Crops in Metro Manila Markets (December 12 - 20, 2012 )
- Increased Supply of Agricultural Commodities in Metro Manila (December 05 - 13, 2012 )
- Agricultural Food Products Abundant in Metro Manila (November 28 – December 06, 2012 )
- Stable Prices in the Metropolis (November 21-29, 2012 )
- Tomato Prices Dropped (November 14-22, 2012 )
- Stable Prices in the Metropolis (November 7-15, 2012 )
- Ample Supply of Fresh Harvests in Metro Markets (October 31 – November 8, 2012 )
- Retail Prices Stable in Metro Markets (October 26 – November 3, 2012 )
- Agricultural Products Abundant in Metro Manila Markets (October 17-25, 2012 )
- Cheaper Vegetables in Metro Manila Markets (October 10-18, 2012 )
- Vegetable Prices Downtrend This Week (October 03 - 11, 2012 )
- Ample Agricultural Food Products at the Metro Wet Markets (September 26 – October 04, 2012 )
- Adequate Supply of Agricultural Food Products In Metro Markets (September 19-27, 2012 )
- Prices in Metro Markets Stable (September 12 - 20, 2012)
- Agricultural Food Products Sufficient (September 05 - 13, 2012 )
- Vegetable Prices on Downward Movement in Metro Markets (August 29 – September 06, 2012)
- Tomato Prices on the Uptrend (August 22 - 30, 2012 )
- Prices of Vegetables in Metro Manila Yet to Go Down (August 15 - 23, 2012 )
- Uptrend in Prices of Temperate Vegetables Noted In Metro Markets (August 08 - 16, 2012 )
- Monsoon Rains Pushed Vegetable Prices Up In Metro Markets (August 01 - 09, 2012 )
- Uptrend in Fish and Vegetable Prices in the Metropolis (July 25 – August 02, 2012 )
- Prices of Tropical Vegetables Up (July 18-26, 2012)
- Agricultural Prices Stable in Metro Manila Markets (July 11-19, 2012)
- Increasing Volume of Deliveries Noted at Bulk Trade (July 04-12, 2012)
- Lower Prices of Vegetables at Bulk Trade (June 27 – July 05, 2012 )
- Prices of Agricultural Food Items Stable In the Metropolis (June 20-28, 2012 )
- Prices of Vegetables Stable in Metro Manila Wet Markets (June 13 - 21, 2012 )