BAS Media Service: Price Situationer
Prices of Farm Products Stable in the Metropolis
Period Covered: February 22 – March 01, 2012
Volume of fresh farm products unloaded at wholesale markets surveyed in Metro Manila was sizeable that effected a generally stable market situation this week.
Meat and poultry products were priced at old quotations of P170 per kilogram for pork ham (pigue) and P180 for pork belly (liempo). The price of dressed chicken stood firm at P130 per kilogram for the past three (3) months.
Stockpiles of commercial rice in Dagupan warehouses were noted during the reference period.
This favorable supply situation kept retail prices stable at P30 per kilogram for regular-milled and P35 for well-milled rice.
At the vegetable trade, the regular inflow of both temperate and tropical vegetables from traditional sources kept prices firm at the previous week's levels. Exceptions however, were ampalaya and tomato which posted P5 per kilogram price increment from last week's asking prices of P50 and P25 per kilogram, respectively.
At Mega Q-Mart wholesale fruit stalls, mangoes continued to pour in. An 18- kilogram kaing of medium- sized mango cost P750 up to P780. Watermelons, papaya and banana (saba) were also in abundance this week.
At retail, a kilogram of mango was sold at P60. Meanwhile, calamansi unloaded at Divisoria and Balintawak registered a price increase of 17.0 percent. This price movement was similarly reflected in retail trading by about 25.0 percent.
Fish items, particularly, marine species remained scarce during the week. The slow market absorption prompted retailers to maintain previous quotations except for alumahan which tag of P140 per kilogram last week was reduced to P130 this week. Threadfin breams (bisugo) and blue crabs (alimasag) were similarly cheaper.
Links to Previous Reports:
- Prices of Tomato Up (June 5-13, 2013 )
- Metro Markets Exhibited Stable Prices for Basic Food Items (May 29 – June 6, 2013 )
- Higher Prices of Vegetables Noted in Metro Manila Markets (May 22-30, 2013 )
- Metro Markets Sufficiently Supplied with Agricultural Food Items (May 15 - 23, 2013 )
- Prices of Vegetables at Wholesale Up (May 8-16, 2013 )
- Dressed Chicken Prices Up (May 01 - 09, 2013 )
- High Supply of Agricultural Food Products in the Metro Wet Markets (April 25 - May 02, 2013 )
- Stable Retail Prices in Metro Wet Markets ( April 17-25, 2013 )
- Increasing Volume of Vegetables at Wholesale Outlets (April 10-18, 2013 )
- Ample Supply of Agricultural Food Products in the Metropolis (April 03 - 11, 2013 )
- Adequate Fish and Vegetable Supply in Metro Wet Markets (March 26 – April 04, 2013 )
- Prices Generally Stable in the Metropolis ( March 19-27, 2013 )
- Stable Prices in Metro Manila Wet Markets (March 13 - 21, 2013 )
- Agricultural Food Products Abundant in Metro Markets (March 06-14, 2013 )
- Sugar Prices Going Down at Wholesale (February 27 – March 7, 2013)
- Varied Price Movements in Metro Wet Markets (February 20 - 28, 2013 )
- Metro Markets Well Supplied with Food Items (February 13 - 21, 2013 )
- Vegetable Prices Continue to Decline (February 06 - 14, 2013 )
- Lower Prices of Vegetables in the Metropolis (January 30 - February 07, 2013)
- Vegetables Abundant in Metro Manila Markets (January 23- February 01, 2013)
- Stable Prices of Agricultural Food Products in the Metropolis (January 10 - 24, 2013)
- Prices Stable in the Metropolis (January 09 - 17, 2013 )
- Abundant Supply of Agricultural Products in Metro Markets (January 02 - 10, 2013 )
- Retail Trade Slowed Down (December 26, 2012 - January 03, 2013 )
- Adequate Supply of Agricultural Food Products in Metro Manila (December 19 - 27, 2012)
- Stable Prices of Food Crops in Metro Manila Markets (December 12 - 20, 2012 )
- Increased Supply of Agricultural Commodities in Metro Manila (December 05 - 13, 2012 )
- Agricultural Food Products Abundant in Metro Manila (November 28 – December 06, 2012 )
- Stable Prices in the Metropolis (November 21-29, 2012 )
- Tomato Prices Dropped (November 14-22, 2012 )
- Stable Prices in the Metropolis (November 7-15, 2012 )
- Ample Supply of Fresh Harvests in Metro Markets (October 31 – November 8, 2012 )
- Retail Prices Stable in Metro Markets (October 26 – November 3, 2012 )
- Agricultural Products Abundant in Metro Manila Markets (October 17-25, 2012 )
- Cheaper Vegetables in Metro Manila Markets (October 10-18, 2012 )
- Vegetable Prices Downtrend This Week (October 03 - 11, 2012 )
- Ample Agricultural Food Products at the Metro Wet Markets (September 26 – October 04, 2012 )
- Adequate Supply of Agricultural Food Products In Metro Markets (September 19-27, 2012 )
- Prices in Metro Markets Stable (September 12 - 20, 2012)
- Agricultural Food Products Sufficient (September 05 - 13, 2012 )
- Vegetable Prices on Downward Movement in Metro Markets (August 29 – September 06, 2012)
- Tomato Prices on the Uptrend (August 22 - 30, 2012 )
- Prices of Vegetables in Metro Manila Yet to Go Down (August 15 - 23, 2012 )
- Uptrend in Prices of Temperate Vegetables Noted In Metro Markets (August 08 - 16, 2012 )
- Monsoon Rains Pushed Vegetable Prices Up In Metro Markets (August 01 - 09, 2012 )
- Uptrend in Fish and Vegetable Prices in the Metropolis (July 25 – August 02, 2012 )
- Prices of Tropical Vegetables Up (July 18-26, 2012)
- Agricultural Prices Stable in Metro Manila Markets (July 11-19, 2012)
- Increasing Volume of Deliveries Noted at Bulk Trade (July 04-12, 2012)
- Lower Prices of Vegetables at Bulk Trade (June 27 – July 05, 2012 )
- Prices of Agricultural Food Items Stable In the Metropolis (June 20-28, 2012 )
- Prices of Vegetables Stable in Metro Manila Wet Markets (June 13 - 21, 2012 )