BAS Media Service: Price Situationer
Lower Wholesale Prices of Fresh Food Items
Period Covered: September 7-15, 2011
Smooth and sufficient deliveries of fresh food items from the traditional sources to various trading points in Metro Manila were observed during the week in review.
Prices of vegetables showed mixed movements. Wholesalers brought down their asking price for ampalaya by 5.0 percent or about P2 from last week's quotation of P40 per kilogram. Price discounts were also recorded for stringbeans and eggplant. Both were sold lower by 25.0 percent compared to previous week's levels.Tomato, radish, pechay native and okra were similarly cheaper during the reference week. However, wholesale prices of vegetables coming from the highlands, such as cabbage, carrots, habitchuelas, chayote and pechay Baguio were higher this week by 6.0 percent up to 32.0 percent.
At the retail trade, prices were relatively more stable. Prices of most indicator vegetables stood firm at last week's prevailing quotations.
Price changes for some farm products were from P5 to P10 per kilogram.
The fruit markets in the Metropolis were well provided with in-season fruits. Among those available to consumers were atis, rambutan, santol and pomelo. Lanzones has started to fill fruit counters.
Supply of banana remained abundant. Price of lakatan remained at P35 per kilogram and that of latundan at P30 per kilogram.
Fishery products were priced at previous week's quotations. Exceptions were blue crabs (alimasag) and shrimp (suaje) which prices decreased by P40 per kilogram and P20 per kilogram, respectively over last week's tags.
Prices of basic commodities like rice, sugar, cooking oil, meat products and chicken were generally stable.
Links to Previous Reports:
- Prices of Vegetables at Wholesale Up (May 8-16, 2013 )
- Dressed Chicken Prices Up (May 01 - 09, 2013 )
- High Supply of Agricultural Food Products in the Metro Wet Markets (April 25 - May 02, 2013 )
- Stable Retail Prices in Metro Wet Markets ( April 17-25, 2013 )
- Increasing Volume of Vegetables at Wholesale Outlets (April 10-18, 2013 )
- Ample Supply of Agricultural Food Products in the Metropolis (April 03 - 11, 2013 )
- Adequate Fish and Vegetable Supply in Metro Wet Markets (March 26 – April 04, 2013 )
- Prices Generally Stable in the Metropolis ( March 19-27, 2013 )
- Stable Prices in Metro Manila Wet Markets (March 13 - 21, 2013 )
- Agricultural Food Products Abundant in Metro Markets (March 06-14, 2013 )
- Sugar Prices Going Down at Wholesale (February 27 – March 7, 2013)
- Varied Price Movements in Metro Wet Markets (February 20 - 28, 2013 )
- Metro Markets Well Supplied with Food Items (February 13 - 21, 2013 )
- Vegetable Prices Continue to Decline (February 06 - 14, 2013 )
- Lower Prices of Vegetables in the Metropolis (January 30 - February 07, 2013)
- Vegetables Abundant in Metro Manila Markets (January 23- February 01, 2013)
- Stable Prices of Agricultural Food Products in the Metropolis (January 10 - 24, 2013)
- Prices Stable in the Metropolis (January 09 - 17, 2013 )
- Abundant Supply of Agricultural Products in Metro Markets (January 02 - 10, 2013 )
- Retail Trade Slowed Down (December 26, 2012 - January 03, 2013 )
- Adequate Supply of Agricultural Food Products in Metro Manila (December 19 - 27, 2012)
- Stable Prices of Food Crops in Metro Manila Markets (December 12 - 20, 2012 )
- Increased Supply of Agricultural Commodities in Metro Manila (December 05 - 13, 2012 )
- Agricultural Food Products Abundant in Metro Manila (November 28 – December 06, 2012 )
- Stable Prices in the Metropolis (November 21-29, 2012 )
- Tomato Prices Dropped (November 14-22, 2012 )
- Stable Prices in the Metropolis (November 7-15, 2012 )
- Ample Supply of Fresh Harvests in Metro Markets (October 31 – November 8, 2012 )
- Retail Prices Stable in Metro Markets (October 26 – November 3, 2012 )
- Agricultural Products Abundant in Metro Manila Markets (October 17-25, 2012 )
- Cheaper Vegetables in Metro Manila Markets (October 10-18, 2012 )
- Vegetable Prices Downtrend This Week (October 03 - 11, 2012 )
- Ample Agricultural Food Products at the Metro Wet Markets (September 26 – October 04, 2012 )
- Adequate Supply of Agricultural Food Products In Metro Markets (September 19-27, 2012 )
- Prices in Metro Markets Stable (September 12 - 20, 2012)
- Agricultural Food Products Sufficient (September 05 - 13, 2012 )
- Vegetable Prices on Downward Movement in Metro Markets (August 29 – September 06, 2012)
- Tomato Prices on the Uptrend (August 22 - 30, 2012 )
- Prices of Vegetables in Metro Manila Yet to Go Down (August 15 - 23, 2012 )
- Uptrend in Prices of Temperate Vegetables Noted In Metro Markets (August 08 - 16, 2012 )
- Monsoon Rains Pushed Vegetable Prices Up In Metro Markets (August 01 - 09, 2012 )
- Uptrend in Fish and Vegetable Prices in the Metropolis (July 25 – August 02, 2012 )
- Prices of Tropical Vegetables Up (July 18-26, 2012)
- Agricultural Prices Stable in Metro Manila Markets (July 11-19, 2012)
- Increasing Volume of Deliveries Noted at Bulk Trade (July 04-12, 2012)
- Lower Prices of Vegetables at Bulk Trade (June 27 – July 05, 2012 )
- Prices of Agricultural Food Items Stable In the Metropolis (June 20-28, 2012 )
- Prices of Vegetables Stable in Metro Manila Wet Markets (June 13 - 21, 2012 )
- Mixed Price Movements for Vegetables in Metro Markets (June 06 - 14, 2012 )
- Metro Wet Markets Well Supplied with Agricultural Food Items (May 30- June 07, 2012 )
- Sufficient Supply of Farm Products in Metro Markets (May 23-31, 2012)
- Stable Prices of Basic Commodities in Metro Manila (May 16 - 24, 2012 )